SOUTHERN VERMONT DRIVING SCHOOL, LLC
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
Definitions in this agreement: a.) The Term “driving instruction and activities” shall include any instruction provided by any agent, employee, or substitute of Southern Vermont Driving School. It also includes all activities, services, and use of vehicles, either provided by or arranged by Southern Vermont Driving School. This definition also includes activities which are in any way related to either driving, stopping for any reason, classroom instruction, waiting for classes to start, waiting after classes, movement in and around vehicles, and any other activities occurring because of class or driving related to driving times or class times. b.) The term “agents” shall include any instructor, owner, subcontractor, substitute, or other aide for Southern Vermont Driving School.
Assumption of Risks: I am aware that driving, learning to drive, and any activity associated with this course or individual instruction involves risks, dangers, and hazards, as well as the potential for serious injury and crashes.
Student & Parent: I fully assume all such risks, dangers, and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage, or loss resulting there from.
Student over 18: I fully assume all such risks, dangers, and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage, or loss resulting there from.
Parent: I fully assume all such risks, dangers, and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage, or loss resulting there from to my child or student I am responsible for.
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, and Indemnity Agreement
In consideration of the agents and Southern Vermont Driving School allowing me/my child to participate in Driver Education, I hereby agree as follows:
1) TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may have in the future against the agents and/or Southern Vermont Driving School and TO RELEASE these agents and Southern Vermont Driving School from any and all loss, damage, expense, or injury including death that I or my child may suffer as a result of driving instruction and activities, DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 337, ON THE PART OF THE AGENTS, AND INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE AGENTS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME/MY CHILD FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS, AND HAZARDS OF DRIVING.
2) TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party resulting from me/my child’s participation in Driver Education, Driving Instruction, or activities.
3) That this Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death/child’s death or incapacity;
4) This Agreement and any rights, duties, and obligations as between the parties to this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of Vermont and no other jurisdiction.
5) I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS AGREEMENT PRIOR TO SIGNING IT, AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTAIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE AGENTS. In signing this agreement I agree to not bring any lawsuit against Southern Vermont Driving School or any of its agents.
(or responsible party signature)
Southern Vermont Driving School